Saturday, February 24, 2007


This is a photo of a major river that starts in China and works it way through Kazakhstan. I went ice fishing a few days ago with some local guys on one of the outlets from the river.
I learned a few new words, tis-bah (fish), Samsa (carp which we ate ), and I can't pronounce it but the meaning was" Get the hell away from me the ice is cracking".
It was a blast and i've officially been able to hang with the locals on the Vodka intake. These guys can seriously put it down, and they use full glasses instead of shot glasses.
Ice fishing over here is different from back in the states. They use two types of nets and no bait, and just pound out the holes for the nets with a long spike atttached to a pole. Overall there fishing techniques, are much more efficient then ours back home, but we don't eat carp either.

3 comments:

Chris from Kent Island said...

He Warner family!!
Congratulations. I knew you were on your way but haven't checked your site for about a month and now I see you are there and the adoption went through!!! Congratulations, we are so happy for you!

On another note, were you able to go to the older kids orphanage and did you see Almas (boy about 10) or Ulbison (girl about 7)? I would love some photos if you are able to get any! Sorry to ask you for this, but I remember that when we were there we had a lot of free time on our hands and went out a lot.
Thanks again!
Chris (and Mark) mommy to Lucy, Ricky, and Vivian

Todd said...

Hey Hello ,Dewey and Staci sorry I haven't been on to say hello sooner man seems like time is flying hear you will be back soon hope everything is good. Luke is a very handsome little guy I am sure you love him to death Todd

Todd said...

Hello, Dewey and Staci Congradulations!! Hope everything is going well. I hear you only have a few more days till you get to come home. Luke is very handsome little guy. I am sure you are both so excited to be his parents.We are so excited to see him.
Todd & Robin